Homemade Peanut Butter & Banana pupcakes
Whether or not it’s actually your pup’s birthday, it’s so fun to spoil our furry friends, isn’t it? Well, sweet treats don’t have to be full of sugar and calories - we’ve come up with an easy, delicious and nutritious recipe to make homemade, peanut butter, carrot, banana pupcakes!
Made with whole wheat flour, peanut butter, banana, applesauce, grated carrot and eggs. This cake is wholesome, healthy and the perfect Dog Birthday Cake for your furry friend!
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 25 minutes
Servings: 12 pupcakes
- 2 eggs
- 1 banana
- ⅓ cup applesauce
- 1 medium banana
- ⅓ cup peanut butter (natural, not salted, smooth and NO XYLITOL)
- 1 cup carrot (grated)
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- Healthybud® banana crisps for toppings
- Extra peanut butter for frosting
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Using flavourless oil, coat the sides of the cupcake tins, or place cupcake liners. (Make sure to remove them when serving!)
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, apple sauce, peanut butter and carrot, until smooth.
- Next, stir in the flour and baking powder until combined. Fill the cupcake tins with the batter
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cupcake comes out clean.
- Allow cooling in the pan for 3-5 minutes before turning out onto a cooling rack. Let cool to room temperature.
- Spread the tops of the cupcakes with peanut butter as frosting, and place as many healthybud banana crisp toppers as you’d like!
Cover the cupcakes with cling wrap and store at room temperature for up to 3 days. Freeze the rest to give as a treat in the future.
share this post
As new pet parents, we were overwhelmed by the amount of conflicting opinions surrounding pet health, and we figured we surely weren't alone. So we decided to take matters into our own hands, do the research ourselves, onboarded an incredible team of vets, and launched the healthybud platform to help pet parents like us 🐾 We're so excited to bring you as much relevant, current pet care and pet parenting information as possible!
more from the bud blog
Want to get notified about our weekly posts? Sign up for our newsletter below